Covid musings

 It is impossible not to think about covid waay more often than I want to, especially when away from home.  We leave Malta in two days' time.  We had to arrange covid testing at the airport (they have a place to do it there, although it is not in the terminal building) at the ungodly hour of 5:50.  Appointments had to be booked and paid for in advance, done within 24 hours of the flight, and since our original Ryan air flight got canceled, and there is only one flight out that day to Catania (at 7 a.m.), that's the best we could do.  I find myself feeling nervous about not only getting where we need to go when we need to get there. but also the what ifs?  We feel fine, but every day there's a risk of contracting the virus.  I actually felt like a win tonight when we went to the Messiah production at the cathedral.  They not only check your vaccination status, but take your temp before you're allowed to enter, and we passed!

The other day when we were in Marsaxlokk, I noticed a little boy, sitting at an adjacent table, who, as soon as he got down from his seat immediately put on his mask, just like it was second nature.  I wonder what it feels like to grow up with this "new normal."





Comments

Popular Posts